This here is one of those treats any do-gooder needs to know. And it's not genius. Rather, it's stupid simple. Avocado's are creamy, macadamia nut milk is creamy and monk fruit is sweet (not to mention, also a calorie free natural sweetener that won't spike blood sugar). And the freezer is transformative - especially when what's frozen gets to melt in your mouth. 1 - 2 - 3.
Here's all you need to know to make the base for a yummy homemade super duper healthy treat that is so versatile you better watch out, you better not cry, you better not pout I'm telling' you why -
(getting cheesy here)
Katie's going to make a rendition or two of this yummy creation. Til then - the foundation:
2 ripe haas avocados
3/4 cup milkadamia (Macadamia Nut Milk)
1/4 cup of monk fruit
Blend until creamy
Place in a shallow container or loaf pan
Allow to freeze for up to 90 minutes or longer (the longer it freezes the more time you'll need to let it thaw on the counter - give it 10 minutes or so before trying to break into it)
Scoop and adorn with other sweet and crunchy things - like strawberries and roasted almonds. And if you're feeling particularly frisky - a drizzle of honey does the trick. Otherwise omit and it's still lovely. Enjoy!
1. why not??
2. Avocados are a super nutritious fruit that are high in fat and low on the glycemic index (therefore they don't spike blood sugar that raises insulin levels)
3. They're chock full of vitamin k, folate, vitamin C, potassium, B5 & 6 and Vitamin E.
4. Higher in potassium than bananas
5. High in oleic acid - like olive oil - they reduce inflammation
6. They feed healthy gut bacteria
7. They lower cholesterol
8. Their fat content help the absorption of other plant foods and nutrients
Merry Christmas my friends, xo kT